Papa's Pepper Gluten-free Pumpkin Pancakes
(Courtesy of Spencer from @spencerthecook from Instagram ... )
Fall has definitely arrived here in Virginia so that means it's pumpkin time! My daughter Tori, the Princess Sous Chef, can't have gluten so these pancakes are a win for the whole family! What better way to wake up on a brisk fall morning than to these savory, sweet and spicy pumpkin pancakes! The crispy outsides and the soft moist inside of these pumpkin pancakes will have the family coming back for seconds for certain!
2C Gluten-free flour
1/4C Brown sugar
2t Pumpkin pie spice
2T Baking powder
2t Papa's Pepper premium spice blend
Zest of one small orange
1&1/2t Vanilla extract
4T Butter, melted
2 Large eggs
1&1/2C Pumpkin puree
1. Whisk vinegar into 2C milk and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Combine all dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
3. After milk/vinegar mixture has set for 10 minutes add wet ingredients to milk mixture.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly until ingredients are combined. Add pumpkin puree, orange zest and whisk until incorporated.
5. Ladle 1/2C pancake mixture into nonstick frying pan over low-med heat. Flip pancake after 3-4 minutes when edges start to turn brown. Serve with maple syrup and butter.
Be sure to use low heat so that the inside of the pancakes have time to cook through. If your heart is too high the outside will cook to fast and the pancake will not have time to cook all the way through.